Lande takes up road repair with Shrikar Pardeshi
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
- Spot-Fixing: Sreesanth reveals bookies lured India players with cars, women
- Jagan Reddy case: Accused Andhra ministers Sabitha, Dharmana Rao resign
Like citizens, Pimpri-Chinchwad Mayor Mohini Lande is also miffed at dime-a-dozen potholes on roads across town. On Saturday, she met the Municipal Commissioner Dr Shrikar Pardeshi and told him that his administration was neglecting the roads.
The civic chief has now directed his officials to fill up the potholes as a temporary measure in four days and after monsoons, repair these roads on a permanent basis. PCMC officials have undertaken the work from Saturday.
"The worst craters were in front of Philips company in Landewadi and the Nashik Phata chowk. What is surprising is that mayor had to take up the complaint with the administration. Why can't they themselves take the necessary action," asked Jayant Kariya, a resident of Dapodi.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'