last night home
- Anti-corruption unit will now monitor access to players: BCCI
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors vs Delhi Daredevils
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
SC: No change of DCs likely
Shimla:The Election Commission of India (ECI) has found no fresh grounds to change any district Returning Officers or SPs in Himachal Pradesh ahead of the November 4 Assembly elections. In a letter written to PCC president Virbhadra Singh, in response to his complaint seeking change of four Deputy Commissioners, the ECI has conveyed that it's inquiries have not revealed anything adverse against the DCs.
HP polls: 4 file papers on day 4
Shimla:Himachal Lokhit Party leader and former MLA Naveen Dhiman were among four candidates who filed nominations for the state Assembly polls on Saturday, raising the total number of nominations to 17.
Transfer policy for JBT teachers
Chandigarh:The Haryana government on Saturday approved the inter-district transfer policy for Junior Basic Training (JBT) and C and V cadre teachers, who are working on regular basis in the state. "Application forms for individual and mutual appointment by transfer will be available on www.harprathmik.gov.in," a spokesperson said. In case of mutual inter-district transfers, the form should be countersigned by the DEEOs of the districts and both teachers would have to submit their options. "However, if one teacher fails to join, the appointment of both teachers will automatically lapse," the spokesperson added. The requests for mutual transfers, for the time being, will only be considered for Mewat district.
Pentavalent vaccine now in Haryana
Chandigarh:The Haryana's Health Department has introduced 'Pentavalent Vaccine' to provide protection against five deadly childhood diseases including Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Hepatitis B and childhood pneumonia caused primarily by Haemophylus influenza B.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet