Lastnight Home: Dara Singh critical, admitted to hospital
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Dara Singh critical, admitted to hospital
Mumbai: Wrestler and film actor Dara Singh, 83, was admitted to a Mumbai hospital Saturday, his son said. "He is serious. There is a blood clot in his brain or he has suffered heart attack... we are not sure what has happened. We have been told that he is under observation for 24 hours," his son, Vindu Dara Singh, said. Dara Singh was last seen in Imtiaz Ali's 2007 hit Jab We Met, in which he played Kareena Kapoor's grandfather.
PC as 2G EGoM head: BJP to protest move
NEW DELHI: The BJP Saturday said it will protest Home Minister P Chidambaram's appointment as the head of the 2G EGoM on 2G Spectrum issues. "The reported decision of the government to appoint P Chidambaram to head the EGoM on 2G Spectrum auction and other allied issues is only regrettable, unfortunate, condemnable. The BJP will continue to strongly oppose it inside and outside the Parliament," said party spokesman Ravi Shankar Prasad.
Eight feared dead in Himachal flood
SHIMLA: At least eight persons were washed away in a flash flood in Himachal's Sirmaur district on Saturday and are feared dead. Four vehicles carrying a marriage party are also trapped in flood water at Haripur Khol village in Paonta Sahib, DC P S Chauhan said. Search is on for the missing but the chance of their survival is dim, he said.
Jaya assets case posted to July 10
BANGALORE: The hearing of the disproportionate assets case against Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa was adjourned till July 10 by a Bangalore court on Saturday. Assistant Special Public Prosecutor Sandesh Chowta sought time till July 9 as Special Public Prosecutor B V Acharya was unwell, but Sasikala, one of the accused, objected to it saying she had work in Chennai on that day and the two parties mutually agreed on July 10 as the date of the hearing.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held