Lastnight World: Israelis clash with Palestinians in West Bank
- IPL spot-fixing: CSK boss Gurunath Meiyappan arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013: Mumbai Indians beat Rajasthan Royals, enter final
- Ceasefire violation in Kashmir by Pakistan, Brigadier, 2 jawans injured
- Spot-fixing scandal raises pressure on BCCI president N Srinivasan to quit
- UK fighter jets escort diverted Pakistani plane in mid-air security scare, 2 arrested
Israelis clash with Palestinians in West Bank
BURIN: Israeli soldiers used tear gas and stun grenades Saturday to disperse about 150 Palestinians trying to block expansion of Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank. Both sides sustained light injuries as the soldiers removed about a dozen tents and small huts in Burin, Palestinian witnesses and the army said.
Indian-American scientist honoured
Washington: US President Barack Obama presented the prestigious National Medal of Technology and Innovation to Indian-American scientist Rangaswamy Srinivasan for his groundbreaking work with laser.
Riot police deployed after Egypt clashes
Cairo: Egyptian riot police were deployed Saturday near the presidential palace after a night of clashes between security forces and petrol-bomb-throwing protesters that killed one man and injured nearly 100.
Pork found in UK prisons' halal food
London: Britain's Ministry of Justice suspended a supplier of halal meat to prisons after traces of pork were found inside meat pies and pasties. All prisons have been informed and the halal-labelled products were withdrawn immediately, an MoJ spokesman said Friday.
2 Asian teens jailed for attempted robbery
London: Two Asian teenagers including an Indian-origin boy, Momim Hassan, 17, and Indian-origin Tajwar Shah, 16, have been sentenced to jail for attempting to rob a jewellery store in UK last year.
Iraqi PM's website hacked
BAGHDAD: Hackers attacked the official website of Iraqi PM Nuri al-Maliki Saturday, posting a message critical of the leader. The message, posted by a group calling themselves "Team Kuwait Hackers", described Maliki as a "tyrant" and warned him that he would end up like Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
- Spot-fixing scandal: Fearing hit to brand image, Pepsi mulls IPL pullout
- Bhullar suicidal, has psychiatric disorder: Experts
- Rahul Gandhi warns his party: Mother may be lenient, I am very strict
- ICC withdraws Pak umpire Asad Rauf from Champions Trophy
- Police summon BCCI chief's son-in-law
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer