Lastnight World: Storm that killed 600 threatens Philippines again
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Storm that killed 600 threatens Philippines again
NEW BATAAN: A typhoon that killed nearly 600 people and left hundreds missing in the southern Philippines has made a U-turn and is now threatening the country's northwest, officials said Saturday. There is a strong possibility the disastrous storm would make a second landfall on Sunday, forecasters warned.
Sri Lanka CJ found guilty by panel
Colombo: A Sri Lankan Parliamentary panel Saturday found the country's first woman Chief Justice Shirani Bandaranayake guilty on three counts of professional misconduct, a verdict likely to pave way for her dismissal. The panel "found her guilty on three charges while exonerating her from two others".
Italy: Berlusconi to run for PM job again
Rome: Silvio Berlusconi Saturday ended weeks of speculation by announcing he would run again for the job of prime minister, the post he was forced out of last year. "I am running to win," the leader of the right-wing People of Freedom party said.
New gel may prevent HIV transmission
London: A new vaginal microbicide gel could be highly effective in blocking infection by the AIDS virus, a new study has claimed. Researchers from the European Combined Highly Active Anti-Retroviral Microbicides Consortium describe the gel's key ingredient as engineered to bind the virus and prevent it from entering and infecting the body cells.
Myanmar formally apologises to monks
YANGON: Myanmar government apologized for a violent crackdown, which injured nearly 100 Buddhist monks, at a copper mine in northwest Myanmar. Religious Affairs Minister Thura Myint Maung formally apologized to 29 senior monks at a ceremony in Yangon on Friday.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held