Late deflection gives Arsenal victory over Stoke
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
- Spot-Fixing: Sreesanth reveals bookies lured India players with cars, women
- Jagan Reddy case: Accused Andhra ministers Sabitha, Dharmana Rao resign
Substitute Lukas Podolski scored with a deflected free kick to give Arsenal a much-needed 1-0 victory against Stoke in the English Premier League on Saturday.
After securing just five points in five league matches, sixth-placed Arsenal was in danger of losing ground in its quest for a European spot.
Stoke goalkeeper Asmir Begovic had an impressive first half in which he superbly denied Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain either side of stopping Laurent Koscielny's header.
Podolski ended Stoke's hopes 12 minutes from time with a low free kick that deflected in off Geoff Cameron.
The Gunners made five changes for the match, with deadline-day signing Nacho Monreal handed his debut.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'