Lavish mahurat for Salman’s films
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
After Salman Khan had seen Mahesh Manjrekar's two Marathi films, Mee Shivajiraje Bhosale Boltoy and Shikshanachya Aaicha Gho, so impressed was he, that he had expressed an interest to produce them in Hindi. While, Mee Shivajiraje...was about a man's fight against the evil in the society and to re-instate his identity and pride, Shikshanachya...was based on a father and son conflict. This film, which brought Manjrekar back to direction after a gap of nine years following Astitva, was also remade in Tamil and Telugu as Dhoni and in Bengali as Cholo Paltaai.
News is that the films will be made under the banner of Salman Being Human Productions. When contacted Manjrekar did confirm that the films are in the pipeline and stated, "A huge mahurat has been planned. I have to meet up with Salman to finalise the details. Only after that can I reveal more about the films."
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM