Lawyer daughter of IAS couple found dead in Mumbai flat
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A 25-YEAR-OLD lawyer, Pallavi Purkayastha, the daughter of an IAS couple, was found dead at her rented apartment at Wadala in central Mumbai this morning.
Police said the body was found by her boyfriend, Avik Sengupta, 26, also a lawyer.
"Pallavi's body has multiple stab injuries. The crime scene indicates that she struggled to save herself. When Avik returned home this morning at around 5.30 am, he found the door slightly open... He went inside and found the body with the throat slit," additional police commissioner Praveen Salunkhe said.
The body was taken to nearby Sion Hospital for an autopsy, police said.
"A person who knew Pallavi well may be involved in the crime," said a police officer. Besides Sengupta, the watchmen of the building, lift operator and hawkers in the area are being questioned.
Police said some CCTV cameras installed in the building were not functioning. Pallavi's parents live in New Delhi, they said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held