Lawyer involved in 92 vehicle theft cases arrested
A 73-year-old lawyer was arrested in Narela on Thursday for vehicle theft, Outer District police said. He was first arrested two years ago for his involvement in 89 motor vehicle theft cases, police said. After his arrest on Thursday, police said he is involved in 92 vehicle theft cases.
Dhani Ram Mittal was arrested at a checkpoint near the toll booth in Narela, when he couldn't produce relevant documents to prove that he owned the car he was driving. "He told the police personnel that they shouldn't have dared to stop a senior citizen's vehicle and that he would get them suspended for this," DCP (Outer) B S Jaiswal said.
When policemen insisted, he let them check the ownership and the car was found to have been stolen from Civil Lines in North Delhi.
Two fake number plates, one with a Haryana registration number and the other belonging to the office of the Home Ministry were also recovered from the boot of the car.
"Mittal told us that his modus operandi was to use a master key to open a car parked near his vehicle. If caught, he would use his old age as an excuse and say that he went to the other vehicle by mistake," Jaiswal said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow