Lead futures up on overseas trend, spot demand
In range-bound movements, lead traded 0.13 per cent higher in futures trade today as speculators created some positions amid a firm trend overseas.
Rising demand from battery-makers also helped lead to trade higher at futures trade.
At the Multi Commodity Exchange, lead for delivery in November traded 15 paise, or 0.13 per cent, higher at Rs 20.10 per kg, with a turnover of 2,292 lots.
The metal for delivery in December also rose by a similar margin to trade at Rs 119.80 per kg with a turnover of 176 lots.
Marketmen said besides domestic demand from battery- makers, a firm trend in copper and other base metals at the London Metal Exchange on positive China data, supported the upside in lead futures prices.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow