Left adamant on holding rally
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Even though the police refused permission, the CPM-led district Left Front on Monday said it was determined to hold a rally in front of the Municipal corporation headquarters on Tuesday to protest against the 'failure' of the Trinamool Congress-controlled civic body.
"We are ready to face any police action to disrupt our meeting," Left Front chairman Biman Bose said. Leader of the Opposition in the state Assembly Suryakanta Mishra criticised the police administration for not granting permission to the rally on the pretext of law and order.
SRK film ranked second at Japan film fest
A documentary produced by the Mamata Banerjee government to promote West Bengal as a destination for tourists and investors has been ranked second in the Festival Asia TV Film on JOURNEY, organised by the Japan government.
Mamata quickly posted the news on her Facebook page.
"The first film on 'Brand Bengal' with Shahrukh Khan as the brand ambassador made by the government of West Bengal has won the coveted 2nd Festival Asia TV and Film on JOURNEY organised by the Government of Japan," she wrote. "The film captures the present day progressive Bengal with its culture, heritage, scenic beauty, development initiative encompassing all its facets," she wrote.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’