Leopard on the loose in Kadian village
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
Residents of Kadian, Kasabad and Bhattian village were on full alert on Sunday after a leopard was spotted in a borewell of a pear garden in Kadian village. Forest officials tried to capture the animal by putting a net over the borewell but the feline managed to escape as the authorities allegedly failed to bring tranquilliser guns for the rescue operation.
District forest officer Daljit Singh Brar said: "We had put a net over the borewell, but the animal jumped out of the well by ripping the net. Our teams are searching for the animal in the jungle and we have also told the villagers to stay alert." The leopard was first spotted by one Jasbir Singh at about 10 am. "The animal was sitting in a 15-foot deep borewell. We were hearing strange noises from the area for the past 10 days, but spotted the leopard on Sunday. The area is mainly agriculture land, but residents are scared as they come to theses fields daily and some workers even sleep in the tubewell rooms."
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'