Letters to the editor
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A new hope?
This is regarding the story "Five-year fiscal plan to be unveiled, says Chidambaram" (FE, October 9). Stressing the need for reforms for the growth of the economy to generate jobs and other improvements, the finance minister has said: "We won't wait till Budget to address issues concerning retrospective tax". We hope that he will go fast on other matters of reforms also. For the past three years of UPA-II, we have depended on the subsidy raj and failed. Contrary to popular views, studies have proved that growth has percolated down to the lowest, improving their lot. Can we hope the remaining two years of UPA-II will boost growth, revive the economy and lead to prosperity?
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet