Life of Pi, Argo encash on Oscars' glory at Box Office
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
A week after grabbing the golden statuette at the Oscars, Life of Pi, Argo and Silver Linings Playbookare enjoying fresh audience interest before finishing their theatre run.
Ang Lee's Life of Pi, which picked up four Oscars, was up by 43 per cent in its 15th weekend, grossing USD 2.3 million for a domestic total of nearly USD 117 million.
The fantasy-adventure saw a bump overseas as well, where it was up 39 per cent, grossing USD 2.8 million for an international total of USD 477 million. It has taken in USD 594 million worldwide for 20th Century Fox, the Hollywood Reporter said.
Best picture winner "Argo", inspired by true events of 1979 Iran hostage crisis, saw a 21 percent gain in its 21st week, grossing USD 2.2 million, taking the domestic earning to USD 132.8 million.
The Weinstein Co's Silver Linings Playbook, the only Oscar movie remaining in the top 10 chart was up 3 per cent in its 16th weekend, grossing USD 5.9 million for a domestic total of USD 115 million.
Actress Jennifer Lawrence won the Oscar for best actress for her performance of a recovering sex addict in the film.
Django Unchained, which saw Christoph Waltz and director Quentin Tarantino winning the best supporting and best screenplay Oscars respectively, was up 5 per cent, grossing USD 1 million in its 10th weekend for a domestic total of USD 160.3 million.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM