Light rain, cold winds in city
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
Light rain in the city brought down the day temperature by three degrees, making it four degrees below normal. The nip in the air was caused due to snowfall in the upper reaches of Himachal Pradesh. Cold winds blew throughout the day.
The maximum temperature was recorded as 21.5 degrees, four degrees below normal, while the minimum temperature was 10.9, three degrees above normal due to the cloudy conditions. On Wednesday, the maximum temperature was recorded as 24.3 degrees.
The upper reaches of Himachal received moderate snowfall while rain and thundershowers were experienced at many places in the state. The impact could be felt in the city as well. The sky remained cloudy through most part of the day with the sun playing hide-and-seek. For the past few days, the mornings had been relatively warm and there was a sharp dip in the temperature in the evening.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow