List of case-based operating procedures in all PCR vans
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Every PCR van will now have a set standard operating procedure (SOP) to attend to calls related to women in distress. The decision will help reduce room for error and PCR reaction time, police said.
The new system will ensure that each PCR van has notices that explain, in bullet points, the operating procedure to attend to a distress call. There is a separate SOP for every distress call, particularly those of molestation, rape, domestic violence and threat calls.
"For instance, if the call is about a rape incident, then the operator need not waste time (waiting) for a briefing from his supervisor to react. The SOP would guide the operator as to what he should do," T N Mohan, Special Commissioner of Police (Operations) told Newsline.
Meanwhile, Delhi High Court on Thursday asked government and police to ensure that there is proper publicity to its orders that all hospitals, including private ones, cannot deny treatment to victims of criminal offences.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations