Local coaches derail, traffic hit
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Two coaches of a train going to the Lower Parel workshop for maintenance derailed at around 10 pm Friday disrupting services in the suburban section of Western Railway. The accident obstructed the adjacent down slow line and three trains got stuck. There were no casualties or injuries. Railway officials said all slow trains had to be diverted to the fast line to avoid delay.
FOB at Dadar station connects all platforms
Western Railway recently opened a foot-over bridge (FOB) at Dadar connecting all platforms. This is the 100th FOB on the WR suburban section. WR has 92 FOBs and eight subways on its suburban section. It is also planning 12 escalators at suburban stations. The new FOB is six metres wide and connects platforms 1 to 5. It cost Rs 1.9 crore. Sharat Chandrayan, chief PRO, said: "To prevent trespassing and to make movement convenient for commuters, WR has taken up construction of 17 more FOBs at crowded stations such as Dadar, Borivali, Goregaon and Malad."
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet