Local train fare hike to come into effect from Jan 22
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The fare hike announced by the Railways will come into effect from January 22. According to the statement issued by Pune Division, the fare between Pune and Lonavala will increase by Rs 2.
However, fare for Pune Station to Chinchwad and Akurdi has come down by Re 1, from existing Rs 6 to Rs 5 in the new fare structure.
Similarly, for second class, ordinary fare for Pune to Mumbai has increased by Rs 13 from existing Rs 52 to Rs 65 in the new fare structure. Passengers who got reservation done before January 22 but will board the train after January 21 midnight will have to pay the difference in the fare as per the hikes announced.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’