Lok Sabha disrupted for fourth day
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
DMK and TMC members on Tuesday disrupted Lok Sabha proceedings on Tuesday, resulting in the House transacting no business for the fourth day in a row.
DMK members trooped into the well of the House and disrupted Question Hour, holding copies of news reports highlighting external influence behind the CAG estimate of loss in the 2G spectrum issue.
The leader of the party, T R Baalu, held up a copy of The Indian Express report on Tuesday.
"We want a discussion on 2G spectrum issue," said Baalu.
The TMC members, on the other hand, trooped into the well of the House carrying posters which asked the government to revoke the cap on supply of subsidised cylinders. Some members were heard shouting slogans against FDI in retail.
Meanwhile, BJP members also raised slogans demanding debate on FDI while Left members held up posters in this regard.
When the House re-assembled at noon, similar scenes were witnessed again.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held