Lokayukta took up public causes but not his own
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
April-May: Proposal sent to governor, who writes to CJ for opinion on the better choice between Vora and Ramesh Dholakia. CJ replies Dholakia would be the better choice. After seeking opinion of attorney general, governor writes to CJ asking him to recommend only one name.
December: CJ writes to Governor and CM, recommending S D Dave. Vora has since become director of Gujarat State Judicial Academy.
January-February: Governor writes to CM to process Dave's appointment, CM insists on Vora and asks governor to consult him on his willingness.
May: Dave writes to governor citing personal difficulties and requesting her to recall the nomination. CM brings this up with CJ and presses for Vora who, he says, is willing to quit his other post.
June 7: CJ writes to CM and governor recommending R A Mehta. Governor asks CM to clear Mehta's name for the post. CM objects in letter to CJ, insists on Vora.
August: CJ writes to CM dismissing his objections, governor asks CM formal proposal on Mehta, CM objects again in letter to CJ
August 25: Governor appoints Mehta as lokayukta, government challenges decision in high court.
October 10: Split verdict by two-judge bench.
January 18: Third judge upholds appointment.
January 2: Supreme Court rejects government's appeal.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'