Looking for terror suspect, cops pick up Bangladeshi woman
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Imperious Azhar Mahmood powers KXIP to 183
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
Acting on a tip-off from Intelligence Bureau, Special Operation Group (SOG) detained a Bangladeshi woman in the city on Friday morning but later found she was not the woman they were looking for.
After receiving information from IB that a woman named Ruksana had allegedly entered the state along with Lashkar-e-Toiba operatives, the SOG raided a housing colony in Vatva and picked up Ruksana Sheikh (22), a native of Fulna in Bangladesh who has been living in a rented accommodation in Vatva for the last few months.
The SOG, in a release later, said that after detaining Ruksana, they found her husband's name was Farooq alias Firoz Sheikh and she was not the same Ruksana they were looking for.
The woman, however, has been lodged in the lockup since she did not have proper identity papers.
Police have also booked the house owner, Jiva Rabari, for not getting the tenant's credentials verified by police before letting out the house to her.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations