Looking to increase export market for Etios range: Toyota
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
Toyota Kirloskar Motor is increasing export of its Etios range of cars from India to Africa, while it also looks to enhance foothold in the Indian market with the launch of new versions of sedan Etios and hatchback Liva with prices starting at Rs 4.46 lakh.
"Last year, we started exports of Etios to South Africa and we have so far shipped 20,000 units. We are looking at exporting the model to other countries neighbouring South Africa. We have in fact started exporting to Zimbabwe and Mauritius," Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Hiroshi Nakagawa said.
Export is another focus point and the company would look to increase it further going forward, he added.
The company has launched the new version of Etios at a price range of Rs 5.45 lakh and Rs 7.08 lakh for the petrol variant and Rs 6.70 lakh and Rs 8.15 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) for the diesel variant.
The new hatchback Etios Liva will now cost between Rs 4.46 lakh and Rs 5.99 lakh for petrol option and Rs 5.72 lakh and Rs 6.38 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) for diesel variant.
"There has been an increase in prices of these two vehicles by about 2.1 per cent to 2.5 per cent from the previous version," TKM Deputy Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer (Marketing and Commercial) Sandeep Singh said.
The Etios was launched in December, 2010 followed by Etios Liva in June 2011. Since then, the range has sold more than 1,45,000 units.
The company also said it is offering Etios Liva TRD Sportivo, a new 1.5 litre engine as a regular grade.
"As a part of our product lifecycle and with the aim to bring newness to the lineup we are launching the new Etios and Etios Liva. We have incorporated customer feedback and are looking forward to delighting more customers with the new
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held