Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, mother of baby Aaradhya says 'I don't feel fear, rather there is a lot of anger'
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
Former beauty queen and Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan feels strongly about safety of women in the country and says a lot needs to be done to make them feel secure.
The 39-year-old actress, also mother of one-year-old girl Aaradhya, says she is angry because a lot is being said but very little action is taken to rectify the situation.
"I don't feel fear, rather there is a lot of anger and I don't hesitate to say this. Many of us are privileged to have a lot of assurance about our safety but most of the women in our country do not have that.
"A lot is being said but a lot more needs to be done about it. There should be definite laws for offenders. They should be punished immediately. That is when we will see the change in the society," says Aishwarya, who was in the capital today to attend the second edition of Zindagi Live Awards.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, cricketer Gautam Gambhir and Union minister Farooq Abdullah also attended the ceremony, which felicitated eight women who challenged social stigmas.
Dressed in a blue and gold anarkali suit, the "Devdas" star said she is glad that people area now talking about the issue of women safety on public platforms after the horrendous Delhi rape incident that rocked the nation last December.
"Such incidents still happen though. It also happened the very next day of the Delhi gangrape. But I am glad that we are talking about it. The incident has brought about a lot of attention and awareness but the change needs to come
Aishwarya was last seen in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's "Guzaarish" in 2010.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held