LS back in business, approves changes in money laundering bill
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Earlier, initiating the debate, Nishikant Dubey (BJP) sought to attack the Congress and the government on the issue of blackmoney stashed away in Swiss bank accounts.
He claimed that despite the name of a sitting MP from the treasury benches in the list of Indians allegedly having Swiss bank accounts coming out, the government has not made a statement and asked Chidambaram to clarify.
Sanjay Nirupam (Cong) sought to turn the tables on the BJP by demanding that corruption be added in the bill.
In an oblique reference to a top BJP leader, he said a minister may favour a contractor using his position and later himself open a company which may get funds from the same contractor as a return favour.
Those who participated in the discussion included B Mahtab (BJD), Saugata Roy (TMC), Saidul Haque (CPI-M), M Thambidurai (AIADMK) and Raghuva.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM