Lucknow univ to honour nine illustrious alumni
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
This year, the association members would miss advocate Ram Kumar Bhargava, a founding member of the association, who passed away a few months ago
Nine illustrious alumni of the Lucknow University (LU) would be felicitated by the Alumnae Society of Lucknow University on the university's 92nd Foundation Day on November 25, alumnae association president Atul said today.
Padma Shri awardee Dr Mansoor Hasan, who completed his MD in medicine from Lucknow in 1977; Justice Rajiv Sharma, a senior judge with the Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court; Vice-Chancellor of M P Bhoj (Open) University Dr S K Singh; secretary in the Cabinet Secretariat, Government of India, and 1977 batch IAS officer Alok Rawat; member of Railway Board (Traffic), Kamlesh Kumar Srivastava; director of Lucknow-based Birbal Sahni Institute of Paleobotany Dr N C Mehrotra; eminent journalist K Vikram Rao; and renowed singer Dilraj Kaur will be felictated by the society. Ninety-three-year-old Ram Advani, who was a LU student during 1939-41 and who currently owns a bookstore in Lucknow, will be awarded the lifetime achievement award at the event on Sunday.
"A committee which included the office bearers of the alumnae association and patrons had earlier invited names for felicitation and decided the final list after discussions and a certain criteria, which included contribution to the society," said Atul. Previously, former Chief Justice of India AS Anand, Outlook editor Vinod Mehta, former Union ministers NKP Salve and Harish Rawat and well known heart surgeon Dr Naresh Trehan, who was also awarded Padma Shri by the Centre, have been felicitated by the association. This year, the association members would miss advocate Ram Kumar Bhargava, a founding member of the association, who passed away a few months ago, said Anant Jauhari, general secretary of the association.
UP Governor B L Joshi will be the Chief Guest on the occasion while Rajiv Shukla, Union Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs and Planning, will be the guest of honour. University V-C G Pattanaik will preside over the function. Lucknow Mayor Dinesh Sharma will also be present on the occasion.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM