'Mad at the dog' US boy hangs it to 'see it die'
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
In a disturbing case of animal cruelty, a 12-year-old California boy allegedly hanged his small dog on a door handle because he wanted to "see it die".
The boy's sister, tried to intervene to stop him from hanging the terrier mix, but he battered her and drove her off, say cops.
"I was mad at the dog, so I killed it," the unidentified juvenile casually told investigators after the Friday incident in Salinas, police said.
"I wanted to see it die," the boy purportedly boasted, the 'New York Daily News' reported.
Police found the canine corpse after the boy's sister called 911 and blurted out: "He's hurting the dog,".
"She was trying to intervene, and he battered her," Officer Miguel Cabrera told The News.
"So she left the apartment with a second dog, trying to protect it."
Investigators visited the address for a welfare check a short time later and could hear a loud TV blaring inside, though nobody answered, he said.
They were able to gain entry into the building with a pass key, and officers found the motionless 12-pound terrier mix hanging by its collar from a bedroom door handle, police said.
The boy came out of the same bedroom and "spontaneously" admitted his role in the heinous act. He was booked in Monterey County Juvenile Hall for battery on his sister and felony cruelty to an animal, Cabrera said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow