Madhur Bhandarkar casts his friends, relatives in 'Heroine'
Director Madhur Bhandarkar has cast his friends and relatives in bit roles in Kareena Kapoor-starrer "Heroine", which hit the theatres today.
Model-actress Rashmi Nigam, who plays a jealous star wife in the film, said the ambience on the sets used to be friendly.
"Madhur would always sit on the directors seat with a box of dry fruits and keep munching them all through the shoot. On the sets you would find every second person a friend or relative of his.
"I think people are secretly hoping he casts them. He is one of the sweetest directors I have met," she said in a statement.
The film also stars actors Arjun Rampal and Randeep Hooda in prominent roles.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow