Madhuri Dixit does not believe in competition
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
All set to stage a come back in Bollywood with 'Dedh Ishqiya' and 'Gulab Gang', Madhuri Dixit does not believe she has competition on hand with actresses like Karisma Kapoor and Sridevi returning to films after taking long breaks.
Almost after a gap of 15 years, Sridevi made a comeback with 'English Vinglish', which won her accolades while Karisma returned with Vikram Bhatt's 'Dangerous Ishq' last year.
Ask Madhuri if she considers anyone as her competitor in the industry, she says, "I don't know... I have never believed in that. I do what I like and I enjoy doing what I do. All I can say is I do have strong roles in the films that I am doing - 'Gulab Gang' and 'Dedh Ishqiya'. Both the films have nice characters."
'Gulab Gang' is a story of a gang of women fighting against social injustice. The film, directed by Soumik Sen, also stars Juhi Chawla, Mahie Gill, Shilpa Shukla and others.
"I have met Juhi. She is a very sweet person. It has been wonderful experience to work with her," Madhuri said.
Madhuri has also signed the sequel of Vishal Bhardwaj's 'Ishqiya', titled 'Dedh Ishqiya'.
Abhishek Chaubey had directed 'Ishqiya', which got great reviews and box office collections. The film was produced by Bharawaj. Even for the sequel the director, producer and lead actors Naseeruddin Shah and Arshad Warsi have been retained.
"It is an honour to work with him (Naseeruddin), he is a great actor. 'Dedh Ishqiya' will begin from mid-February," Madhuri said.
Post her marriage, Madhuri had relocated to the US for almost a decade. It was in October 2011 that she shifted her base back to Mumbai, alongwith her family.
Now that she is back in the film world, Madhuri not only has movies but endorsements also, and she handles it all perfectly.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’