Madonna most popular star in UK
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
'Queen of Pop' Madonna has been the most talked about celebrity in UK in the past decade.
The 52-year-old star, who moved to US following her divorce from British filmmaker Guy Ritchie, was the top celebrity to be written about in UK since the year 2000, the Daily Star reported.
The 'Material Girl' notched up 46,000 mentions, at least 15,000 more than second-placed Simon Cowell, 51, who was followed by Robbie Williams, 36, Kate Moss, 36, and Britney Spears, 29.
'King of Pop' Michael Jackson was eighth on the list after his suspicious death in 2009 dominated headlines.
Power couple David and Victoria Beckham was undoubtedly the celebrity pairing of the decade with more than 50,000 mentions between them. Victoria, 36, pipped her husband David, 34, into seventh place by just 880 names. Former Beatles star Paul McCartney and Australian singer Kylie Minogue rounded off the top-ten list, according to a research on clickliverpool.com by Kantar Media.
"This shows just why Madonna is hailed as a legend," Kantar director Brian Merron said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet