Magnesia drywalls: better than bricks
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
These drywalls are easy to install and saves 3-6 months of project time. No masonry skill sets are required, as installation is a mechanised process. There is a saving of up to 20 per cent in steel reinforcement costs. No water or sand is consumed at site. Magnesia drywalls afford the slimmest footprint hence freeing up carpet area.
All in all, magnesia drywalls are ideal as internal partitions for Indian buildings given our climate, project practices and post-occupancy maintenance. Other drywalls have largely been a Western idea where dry conditions exist both in terms of the weather and maintenance.
With the real estate sector coming to terms with restrictive water use during construction, drywalls seem the perfect alternative to ensure sustainability.
— Sandeep Mittal is MD, Anutone Building Systems
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow