Maharashtra ATS police officer ends life
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A senior police officer attached with Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) committed suicide by shooting himself in a hotel here today, police said.
Sanjay Banerjee, a Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), fired a couple of rounds from his revolver, they said.
The officer, along with his family, had gone for lunch at the Goa Portuguese Hotel where he ended his life at around 4 pm, the police said.
The reason for the suicide was not yet known, they said, adding the body has been sent to the Civil Hospital here for a post-mortem.
Banerjee joined the ATS in June last year.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’