Maharashtra: Three young sisters raped, murdered, dumped in well
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Union minister Praful Patel visited the family on Tuesday and demanded that the case be quickly solved. Asked if he wanted a special probe and the death penalty for the murderers, Patel said, "If need be, the probe should be given to the state CID or an SIT. The culprits should be given death punishment."
On Sunday, angry local people had blocked the highway passing by the village, protesting the police's failure to save the girls. Bhandara district is home to the village of Khairlanji, where four members of the Dalit Bhotmange family were tortured and murdered in September 2006, sparking nationwide protests.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow