Maheshwar predicts hung House
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Himachal Pradesh Lokhit party president Maheshwar Singh on Wednesday predicted a hung assembly in the state and asserted that neither the BJP nor the Congress will be able to form the government without support from a third front or Independents.
"The third front was termed as irrelevant in Himachal Pradesh but we will prove otherwise. Any party closer to the number game will come to us.We will take a decision with our alliance partners including CPM and CPI on whether to support any party," Singh said through phone. He also laid down the criterion for the third front's support: "They ( any party) will have to adopt our manifesto which has several promises on state's development, industrial and power sector growth and eradicating corruption."
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations