Mahima Chaudhary wants to comeback with regional films
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
She has been away from the limelight for quite sometime and actress Mahima Choudhary says she wants to make a "small comeback" on the silver screen with regional films.
The 39-year-old actress married architect Bobby Mukherjee in 2006 and the couple were blessed with a baby girl two years later. The 'Dhadkan' actress then took a break from films to concentrate on motherhood.
"I don't want to put pressure on myself of making a comeback. I don't want to do something extraordinary. It could be a small film but the plot should be interesting. I want to do regional films because they are coming out with great scripts," Mahima told PTI.
Originally named Ritu, the actress made a promising debut with Subhash Ghai's 1997 film 'Pardes'. After that she starred in many films and portrayed various characters on-screen, be it a young bride forced to fight dowry in 'Lajja' or a stubborn tenant in 'Yeh Teraa Ghar Yeh Meraa Ghar'.
But the actress says after becoming a mother, priorities have changed in her life.
"Life changes once you have a baby. There was a time when I did films like crazy. But now after marriage and being a mother, you tend to look at something substantial in your scripts. In these years, I was not active in films but recently I hosted a children's reality show," she said.
Mahima starred in strong supporting roles in films such as 'Dil Kya Kare', 'Om Jai Jagadish' and 'Saaya'.
Before taking a break, she starred in films like 'Sandwich', 'Home Delivery... Aapko Ghar Tak' and 'Kudiyon Ka Hai Zamana'. These films did not do well at the box-office but Mahima has no regrets about them.
"I did those films because I found them interesting. As an actress, I got the opportunity to play different characters.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held