Mahindra & Mahindra auto sales up 29%
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
Auto major Mahindra & Mahindra today reported 28.74 per cent increase in total sales at 53,438 units in October, its highest ever in a month.
The company had sold 41,506 units in the same month last year.
The company's domestic sales stood at 51,316 units during the month against 39,352 units in October 2011, up 30.4 per cent, it said in a statement.
The passenger vehicles segment (which includes the Uvs and Verito) registered an increase of 43.59 per cent at 26,932 units against 18,756 units in the year-ago month. Exports in the last month witnessed a marginal decline at 2,122 units from 2,154 units in the same month last year, it said.
Commenting on the numbers, Mahindra & Mahindra Chief Executive (Automotive Division) Pravin Shah said: "We are thankful to our customers whose support and acceptance of all our newly launched products has been instrumental in achieving our all time high monthly sales during October 2012".
On the current market situation, he said the reduction of 25 basis points in CRR by the RBI in the recently announced credit policy is a positive step.
"This, however, is not likely to result in a decrease of interest rates for corporate or retail credits and hence the current financing rates will still remain high for auto industry customers which is a cause of concern," Shah said.
Mahindra Tractors sales dip to 28,872 units in Oct
Mumbai,(PTI): Tractor sales of Mahindra & Mahindra's Farm Equipment Sector (FES) has declined by 8.7 percent to 28,872 units in the domestic market this October.
In October 2011, the domestic sales stood at 30,519 units, a company statement said.
Total tractor sales (domestic and exports) in October 2012 stood at 29,565 units, as against 31838 units for the same period last year. Exports in October stood at 693 units.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held