- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Screen was such a treat for the eyes in the last issue, Stars & Stripes (25 January, 2013). Not only was it completely starry parade, but also worth reading what the winners had to say about bagging a Screen award this year. And this year has seen an ecelectic mix of actors winning the Screen award, and not just the popular stars. It's interesting to note the reactions as the recurrent emotion thoughout was the same — winning the award was special because the nominees this year were all good. From Vidya Balan, Ranbir Kapoor to costume designer Anaita Shroff Adajani, all said the same thing. Also noticed that Screen was the first one to set the tone for the awards this season, as most of the names like the film Irrfan Khan and Richa Chadda were awarded at Screen Awards first.
A year of loss
The year (2012) gone by proved very unfortunate for the Hindi film industry. The industry lost six of its top celebrities who had a long association with the profession. Music director Ravi Shankar, actor Joy Mukherji, wrestler-turned-actor Dara Singh, superstar Rajesh Khanna, character actor A. K. Hangal and producer-director Yash Chopra were renowned in their respective fields. The film industry is surely going to miss these stalwarts.
Anil R Torne |Pune
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet