Maj Gen Nair is new AFMC dean
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Major General Velu Nair, an alumni of the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), has returned to his alma mater as Dean and Deputy Commandant. He replaces Maj Gen M Luthra who has been posted to the South Western Command Headquarters after his tenure at AFMC ended.
Maj Gen Nair is an alumni who graduated from AFMC in 1977. After taking an MD in Medicine from AFMC he was selected to pursue post doctoral fellowship in Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation at Christian Medical College, Vellore and Kings College & Hospital, London.
He is also visiting professor to Stanford University and Stanford Medical Centre in the US. Maj Gen Nair is an authority in Haematology, Bone Marrow Transplant and Stem Cell & Regenerative Medicine and has numerous scientific publications and awards to his credit.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations