Majority of states' GDP growth better than all-India average
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Also, it said the decentralisation of economic investment decisions has given rise to competitive spirit among states to unlock their growth potential. The net result of this was evolution of healthy competition among states for attracting private investments.
"The government policy, bureaucratic efficiency, infrastructure endowments and work culture of states were decisive in allocation of investments across states. The process has eventually placed the Indian economy on high growth trajectory," Rawat said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet