Make-or-break phase for me: Raina
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
During the time I was not in the Test team, I had been playing for Uttar Pradesh in the Ranji Trophy. It is not that I have not spent time in the middle during the longer version of the game. I am aware that I need to stay at the wicket for longer periods. Players like Adam Gilchrist and Matthew Hayden have been successful in all formats and they were brilliant stroke makers.
With a century on debut, you began really well in Tests. What went wrong?
It is not that I lost my way. I know that next 2 to 3 months will be like make-or-break for me. I am craving to wear the Test whites again.
Former India coach Gary Kirsten played a key role in guiding you during his stint. What about Duncan Fletcher?
Gary was the most important person in my life. He not only raised the bar of my game but also made me a humble person. I think under his stint, I scored the most runs at number 3 position in ODIs. Ahead of the 2011 World Cup, he told me that I could be the game changer for India. That confidence helped me do well. Duncan has been with the team for almost over a year now. He is getting used to the team. I do talk to him about my game. I hope to spend more time with him in the future.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held