Malad Youth arrested with unlicenced pistol
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
A 29-nine-year-old man was arrested by the V P Road Police on Monday for allegedly possessing a pistol of German-make without the requisite licence. The arrest came after some accused nabbed in connection with a theft told the police that they knew of a person with an unlicenced firearm in his possession.
The accused has been identified as Yogesh Wadkar, a Malad resident.
"Some persons we had arrested in connection with a theft case told us that Wadkar had a firearm in his possession. Our team went to the spot and nabbed him. He has been charged under Sections of the Arms Act. He was produced in court and has been remanded in police custody until Wednesday," said an officer of the V P Road police.
The police have also found empty gun magazines in Wadkar's possession.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM