Malayalam actor Jagathy appears before media a year after accident
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Nearly an year after he met with a serious road accident followed by prolonged hospitalisation, veteran Malayalam actor Jagathy Sreekumar today turned up before the media.
The versatile actor, who has carved a niche in the hearts of Malayalis by essaying scores of memorable roles since the mid-1970s, appeared healthy but did not speak to reporters who gathered in strength at the artist's residence on the outskirts of the city.
Clad in pristine white pants and sporting a tilak on the forehead, the 62-year-old actor was brought in a wheelchair in front of TV and print journalists by his family members.
Jagathy, as the actor is popularly known, suffered a serious injuries when his car skidded after hitting a road divider near Kozhikode while proceeding to a shooting location on March 10 last year.
He was first treated at a private hospital in Kozhikode and later shifted to the Christian Medical College in Vellore in Tamil Nadu.
He was discharged from the hospital a few days back.
Jagathy's wife and children said he has considerably regained his mental and physical health but physiotherapy and speech exercises are continuing.
They thanked his huge fan following who have prayed for his recovery and return to acting.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held