Malinga’s five seals Eng fate
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- PM-level talks: India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Kings XI Punjab vs Mumbai Indians
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah inducts 28 ministers, keeps tainted away
Lasith Malinga blew away the England top-order by dismissing three batsmen in a single over as Sri Lanka defeated the defending champions by 19 runs to make the semifinals.
England ended 150/9 through a fighting 67-run knock from Samit Patel and and his 51-run stand for the eighth wicket with Graeme Swann (34).
Mahela Jayawardene (42) and Angelo Mathews (28) got starts after the hosts were sent in to bat. Thisara Perera (25 not out) and Lahiru Thirimanne (13) blasted some big shots towards the end.
But it was Malinga's sensational over — third of the innings — that took the game away from England.
Brief scores: Sri Lanka 169/6 (M Jayawardene 42, S Broad 3/32); England 150/9 (S Patel 67, L Malinga 5/31)
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations