Mamata again: Journalists, I'll slap you!
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians bowl, Sachin Tendulkar misses out
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee lost her cool again as she threatened to slap photo-journalists. "I will slap you, you uncivilised people. Don't you see it's cooking here?" she fumed at photographers jostling for space while photographing her at the "Mati Utsav" here on Saturday. The video footage went viral on TV channels in Kolkata on Sunday. Mamata had been criticsed for threatening to whip her security personnel on February 6 after she had to wait for her car.
CPM leader Mohd Selim said in Kolkata that the CM's threat to slap the photo journalist only exposed her "dictatorial attitude". "It's only within 20 months rule, the Trinamool government has exposed its fascist face with Mamata Banerjee a great dictator," Selim said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations