Mamata again: Journalists, I'll slap you!
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee lost her cool again as she threatened to slap photo-journalists. "I will slap you, you uncivilised people. Don't you see it's cooking here?" she fumed at photographers jostling for space while photographing her at the "Mati Utsav" here on Saturday. The video footage went viral on TV channels in Kolkata on Sunday. Mamata had been criticsed for threatening to whip her security personnel on February 6 after she had to wait for her car.
CPM leader Mohd Selim said in Kolkata that the CM's threat to slap the photo journalist only exposed her "dictatorial attitude". "It's only within 20 months rule, the Trinamool government has exposed its fascist face with Mamata Banerjee a great dictator," Selim said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’