Mamata again: Journalists, I'll slap you!
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee lost her cool again as she threatened to slap photo-journalists. "I will slap you, you uncivilised people. Don't you see it's cooking here?" she fumed at photographers jostling for space while photographing her at the "Mati Utsav" here on Saturday. The video footage went viral on TV channels in Kolkata on Sunday. Mamata had been criticsed for threatening to whip her security personnel on February 6 after she had to wait for her car.
CPM leader Mohd Selim said in Kolkata that the CM's threat to slap the photo journalist only exposed her "dictatorial attitude". "It's only within 20 months rule, the Trinamool government has exposed its fascist face with Mamata Banerjee a great dictator," Selim said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet