Mamata Banerjee hiding in shame: Deepa Dasmunsi
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Congress MP and Union Minister of State for Urban Development Deepa Dasmunsi on Sunday said that Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is hiding her "face in Facebook" as she has "failed to deliver on her promise".
"The people of West Bengal have started asking questions on promises made by Mamata. The West Bengal CM is hiding her face in Facebook as she fears to come out in public because of shame," Dasmunsi, known to be a bitter critic of Mamata, said while addressing a Congress rally at Tehatta in Nadia.
Dasmunsi asked Mamata to explain where her promises had gone. "Where are employments? Where are the industries?" she asked.
Alleging that the law and order situation is fast deteriorating in the state under the Trinamool regime, Dasmunsi asked, "Why is the Trinamool chief, who often demanded the Centre's intervention in the law and order situation during Left regime, silent?"
She dismissed Mamata's claim that peace had returned to Junglemahal. "At Lalgarh yesterday, I saw people are so scared that they do not open their windows. They fear to come out because they are scared to open their mouth against the new government," Dasmunsi said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held