Mamata Banerjee hiding in shame: Deepa Dasmunsi
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Congress MP and Union Minister of State for Urban Development Deepa Dasmunsi on Sunday said that Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is hiding her "face in Facebook" as she has "failed to deliver on her promise".
"The people of West Bengal have started asking questions on promises made by Mamata. The West Bengal CM is hiding her face in Facebook as she fears to come out in public because of shame," Dasmunsi, known to be a bitter critic of Mamata, said while addressing a Congress rally at Tehatta in Nadia.
Dasmunsi asked Mamata to explain where her promises had gone. "Where are employments? Where are the industries?" she asked.
Alleging that the law and order situation is fast deteriorating in the state under the Trinamool regime, Dasmunsi asked, "Why is the Trinamool chief, who often demanded the Centre's intervention in the law and order situation during Left regime, silent?"
She dismissed Mamata's claim that peace had returned to Junglemahal. "At Lalgarh yesterday, I saw people are so scared that they do not open their windows. They fear to come out because they are scared to open their mouth against the new government," Dasmunsi said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet