Mamata remark on PM: Cong demands apology
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The Congress on Monday took strong exception to Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's remarks about Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and demanded an apology from her. Mamata made the remark at a rally at Canning in South 24-Parganas district.
"The Centre is not giving us the financial package that we have been demanding for so long. We have told the PM several times about it. What shall we do now? Marbo naki? (shall we beat him up?)" Mamata said.
"How can she use such filthy language with respect to the Prime Minister? She is the CM. It is the language of hooligans. She must apologise," WBPCC chief Pradip Bhattacharya told The Indian Express.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations