Man ‘molests, tries to kill’ 7-yr-old, held
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Four persons, including a man who had allegedly attempted to rape a seven-year-old girl a few days ago, barged into her house on Friday night and allegedly attempted to kill her.
While one of the accused, Amirul (24), was nabbed by the public and handed over to police, the remaining three managed to escape, police said.
The incident was reported from Seemapuri in Northeast Delhi. During questioning, Amirul said he was scared that the girl would identify him and wanted to kill her, police said.
Based on the girl's statement, police said Amirul had taken her to a deserted area nearby, where he gagged her and misbehaved with her. Amirul is married and has two children.
Police said, on Friday night, Amirul and three others, armed with knives, scaled the wall of the girl's house and tried to enter the house. A case has been registered. Police are looking for Amirul's accomplices.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet