Man arrested for raping daughter-in-law in Karnal
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
The Haryana Police on Thursday arrested a Karnal resident for allegedly raping his daughter-in-law four months ago. The accused, a resident of Sambhli village in Karnal district, was produced before the court, which sent him to judicial custody.
According to the police, a woman had lodged a complaint at the Nissing police station on Wednesday, alleging that her daughter has been raped. "The woman said her daughter had married a man in Sambhli village on December 4, 2011. About four months ago, the accused raped her daughter and threatened her not to speak to anybody about the incident," a Karnal police spokesperson said. The woman added that when her daughter approached her mother-in-law, she also instructed her to keep mum.
While the victim's statement was recorded before the Duty Magistrate under Section 164 of the CrPC, she was also medically examined, which confirmed rape.
"We are verifying the role of the accused's wife in the entire act. There is a possibility that some other people were also involved in the case," the spokesperson said.
Delhi cop booked for rape in Sonepat
CHANDIGARH: A Delhi Police constable was on Thursday booked for allegedly raping a 22-year-old resident of Gorar village in Sonepat district. Krishan, a resident of the same village, is absconding. According to the victim, while she was collecting fodder when Krishan spotted her, forcibly took her to nearby sugarcane fields and raped her. Later, when she narrated the incident to her parents, a complaint was lodged with the police. "The victim was medically examined at civil hospital in Sonepat. We will get her statements recorded before the magistrate tomorrow morning," said a police officer. The police have constituted special teams to arrest the constable and also informed their counterparts in Delhi about the incident.
Woman 'raped' by husband's friend
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow